If you’re looking for a fabulous Thanksgiving dressing recipe that will leave your guests raving, then try this cornbread dressing recipe. You’ll be shocked at how much everyone loves it and how simple it is to make.
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Onion, Finely Chopped
- 4 Cloves Minced garlic
- 4 Stalks Chopped Celery
- 6 Cups Crumbled Cornbread
- ½ Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Thyme (or 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Oregano (or 1 ½ teaspoon dried Oregano)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While preheating melt the butter in a pan and add onions, garlic and celery and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl add the cornbread and pour in the onion mixture and all other ingredients. Stir well.
Place mixture into a 2 quart casserole pan and bake about 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the entire mixture is cooked through.
Rather than baking separately, this cornbread stuffing mix can be stuffed inside of a Thanksgiving turkey and roasted with the turkey, although you won’t get as much of the nice crusty brown top using this method.